1.15.2018

December 2017 -- Hot Time In the Ole Mish Tonight

12/04/2017

So this week went great, as normal. We got to go to the San Diego temple.  It is a pretty place. 

We have been spending a lot of time finding people to teach, not much success, but at least I can meet new people, which I love to do, and keeps us busy during the day. 

This Sunday we got all the elders in the Zone to go caroling. It was a lot of fun, but kindof crazy that people will still shut the door in your face even when people are sining Christmas carols to them. On Saturday we helped the Methodist church in Escondido built a Bethlehem scene in their courtyard for the Bethlehem walk they do for Christmas. It is walk that takes you back in time to when Jesus was born, there are actors walking around and live animals in the stables. The old guy in charge of it would tell me that over and over and over again.  I don't think he believed I knew who Christ is.

I didn't really meet anyone that was crazy this week just a few people who don't like us in the mobile home park. Telling us that solicitors are not allowed there. So, we have started to say, " thank you (ma'am or sir) we are here to see members of our church congregation. But I will make sure to tell any solicitors that I see that they can't be here. Have a blessed day."  Love those southern sayings.  

Then to add on that I ran into 5 people that just try to bash but they always use the same things and always think that I don't know the bible. People are just crazy. I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Front Row: 
Me and Elder Figgins Comp
2nd Row: 
Sister Calderwood, Sister Portez, Sister Hamblin, Sister Fogg, Sister Wells, Elder Page, 
                Elder Van Dike, Elder Wall and Elder Flitton 
3rd Row: 
Sister Burdos
4th Row: 
Sister Gee, Sister Lee, Sister Fifita, Elder Cromer, 
Elder Lundquist(MTC Comp Love the Guy) Elder Noble, and Elder Draper
It is only half of the Zone I have 38 missionaries here including us in Escondido   

12/11/2017
So this week was pretty eventful for me and the missionaries here in Carlsbad. The lilac fire was the closest to us down in Escondido. It was about 15 miles away from our house. It was coming right for our area till the wind changed. People here were finally happy for the Santa Anna winds, the flames started to move to the coast and burned down fallbrook and bonsai. All the missionaries in those areas got displaced and are in other areas for the time being. 


This is not photo from Elder Hyde -- Fire closing in on Vista CA
As for me I went on exchanges to the crazy town of Escondido again this time. We gave blessing to a lady that loves getting into fights and just got back from jail from the last fight she started. 

I had a eighty year old lady feel my chest by saying that she loved my tie then grab my arm when we were walking away telling me that she wants me to come back. 

Ate dinner with a active atheist that only comes to church cause he likes the music.  We got sick after that and think  maybe he tried to poison us:). 

Then when we were walking back from dinner we were hearing sirens going off like crazy and right after we step out of the private road.  We saw way the sirens were going off. There was 3 police cars chasing a suburban.  And man! --  were they flying. Burning rubber and topping out that old suburban. We were about 5 steps when that suburban drifted right into the road we were walking down followed by all the cars after that. We were protected on that one cause Elder Wall was going to go to the bathroom but decided not to, or if we would not have shared a message with the atheist -- We would have still been on the road in the middle of all the commotion.  That is all the stuff that is going on over here in Escondido and it is great. 

Mom, I am safe here.



12/18/2017
Well, this week was fun.  I gave a training in Zone conference had to stand for about 3 hours and talk about the Why What and How of Personal Study.  It was great but I was so tried afterward. The weather has been in the low 50 in the morning and at night -- so the jackets have been really nice while caroling. Other than that nothing crazy happened this week.  Hope yall had and have a great week. Till next week  

This week some crazy things did happen,  I just wasn't going to put it in the mass email. So, I will just say it cause I don't know how to write it -- I messed my knee up again.  On P-day,  I was running  -- not full speed but faster than a jog towards some missionaries - when a small missionary stepped infront of me.  I side stepped on some really nasty uneven ground and my knee shot in and heard or felt a pop IDK I just know there was a pop. I don't really know what I did.  I can walk on it.  It doesn't hurt if I don't move it.  I wear my knee brace all the time.  It is crazy how one second can change the future  



12/25/2017











12/26/2017



Well,  the weather was great here... as normal.  We enjoyed temperatures in the 70's the whole week. Nothing too crazy happened this week --  other than it went by way to fast. We did some service this week.  It was great and then we had Christmas. It is a pretty hard day to work cause not a ton of people want to have you talk to them even though they are home. All in all it is a great time here. 

Hope that all your guys Christmas was great and you all had a great time. Have a safe happy New Years.


No comments:

Post a Comment