9.05.2017

NEAR MISSES and BLESSINGS

Well,  another week has flown bye, it is already the start of week 3 in the transfer and things are starting to pick up a little bit. We did a lot of service for people --  movings, yard work, carpet cleaning, and cut down a 25 ft tree with a hand saw -- now that took a while to clean up. 




We've had a lot of bike issues, near misses and blessings of safety -- Elder Wambeke had a pretty bad crash on his bike.  He just smoked a curb and went flying. I got a flat tire on my bike and it was a ways away from our apartment but luckily we got a ride.  


Then the in the middle of the next day -- a car pulled out in front of me.  I swerved to not hit it BUT nailed a light pole. I would have rolled across the hood but hitting the pole turned the bike so I was able to not hit the car. 

On exchanges I got permission from the mission president to drive down to see one of the Vista 8th & 9th ward's elder's investigator who was in the hospital.  

We got to eat lunch right by the temple and some people payed for our lunch.  

Then on Sunday the Stuaffer family, who I have gotten really close to,  bought us a gps for the vista 5th ward,  but it was the thought that counts. It is crazy,  the relationships that you make with people.  One of the less active couples, we have been working with since April -- are going to get married in the temple on August 12. 

Those are just some of the things that have happened this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment