9.05.2017

POWER of ONE vs Old Habits Die Hard

This week has been great we have been out walking and biking  a lot lately. Mostly walking because every day either Elder Wambeke or myself have had bike problems.  For me, it is just a flat tire about once a week and for Wambeke it is his bike breaking. 

Our two investigators are doing great and are progressing well. Joe Whip who got baptized last week, (don't worry if you don't know about him,  cause I haven't talked about him til now) invited us to his baptism because I gave him the interview.  He had 59 non-members there,  that were his close friends.  He printed out a whole bunch of invitation cards that gave the date, location, and time of the baptism, and would just hand them out to everyone he met.  It was a great service.  We had 20 Book Of Mormon to give out but we ran out and had to go get more. 


Our investigator, Jacob, gave a talk in sacerment meeting in the 10th Ward about the restoration. (Attached is a recording of the talk it doest have the intro but it is really good)  The spirit there was so strong it is one of the best talks I have heard.

So what to say, what to say ???  Training is hard! I thought that it would be easy and that the mission is easy but i was wrong --  there I said it The JR Hyde is wrong!  It is a lot to do dealing with a kid that thinks they know it all and when you try to teach them something they get impatient and passive agressive in comments.


One night, I had planed to go and see a less active family at 8:40,  but he wanted to go back home. So when I told him to take a right -- he told me no and went straight --  I had turned cause i was in front while riding bikes and when I look back  -- guess who wasn't there. I was mad.  I past the less active's house -- they were there BUT I couldn't stop because my companion was gone.  I was on a loop road down hill so,  I continued and meet up with him while he was still pedeling home.  I stopped him and told him that because he didn't listen to me -- we couldn't see this family that is almost never all home.  I was so frustrated -- I have also had to tell him over and over that I am not going to make him get up everyday.  I am not his mom. IFinally I told him that not waking up is showing the Lord you don't care. It is showing Him that the stuff He wants to have done is not important to you.  When you show the Lord your dilligence, He will match the effort -- take up where we fall short.  I have found with my companion, I have to be blunt.  It has been a lot of stuff like that and he gets it all from going on exchanges with other elders and he says,  "they do it so why cant I". I finally got it into him that he signed up to be a missionary -- it was his choice -- he is the one who hit the button -- so act like the missionary you want to teach your dad ( his dad is not a member). After I told him this I thought that we were going to get mad at each other but he thanked me for it and he has seemed to understand way more . I thought that I could train him like I was trained and the way I train myself but everyone is different.


I love it but it is hard. 

Just to let you guys know I am doing well, some times may be hard, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. 

You know we get along so much better now. I realized the things that made me annoyed really didn't matter and that I was a part of it too.  I let myself get bugged about things and that just grew.  I have always liked him, but I realized that most of it was me letting myself get that way. After we had a talk about rules  -- he wanted to change -- he had just fell into habits that he was glad to get out of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment